Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Haiti & the Alternative Income Program

Discuss your decision of supporting Haiti and how the alternative income program will support a fellow global citizen.

10 comments:

  1. I think supporting Haiti is the best choice because Haiti was devastated by a natural disaster. Also Haiti's problems are mostly in millions unlike India which is mostly in less.
    Neal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think supporting Haiti is a really good decision. I think this because Haiti is in a really dad condition and they need help! Also children that survived the
    earthquake don't live in a very good way.For example many of the surviving Haitians were left homeless after the earthquake.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When i said dad i ment bad!

      sophie

      Delete
  3. I think the alternative income will support a global citizen because it helps adults build up their own money to save. The income program also helps adults make businesses. The program provides things to help with their business. For example the program provides sewing machines to make cloths, and farming supplies for growing food.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Think that Haitians are really strong people because they were able to stand strong after facing lots of natural disasters and poverty. In 2010 an earthquake killed two hundred thousand people and left millions of haitians homeless.
    It might take decades to rebiuld haiti.

    Aamarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Aamarah, it might take decades to rebuild Haiti, the devastating earthquake destroyed everything, they had to start from scratch which takes lot of support from other countries, like Canada. We can support them through the Alternative Income Program.

      Delete
  5. I think that alternative income programs is a good idea because it helps families start to make money on their own.
    For example: a family can use a sewing machine to make clothing that they can sell or a family may have chickens and they could sell the eggs.

    Aamarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Alternative Income Program is a fund that raises money to purchase products like a cow to milk to help make families lives in developing countries easier by providing them with house hold items or produce etc. to be able to make a living and sustain them selves. Once the countries families are able to sustain themselves, Free The Children leaves the specific country for example: Haiti and moves on to another country in need of help. The Adopt-A-Village program goes to countries and helps re-build lives, families, livings ect. They give them the knowledge so that the person can learn how to make a living themselves. This is what the AIP and Adopt-A-Village Program are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought Haiti was the best choice for us because Haiti was devastated with a natural disaster a.k.a. a huge earthquake and since they were a sort of developing country before the disaster, they have to start from scratch but have no money to do that so with the AIP Program supporting them, they will be able to get back on their feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Haiti really needs the money the most! It will help them start again and have a better life!!!!

      Delete